[Freeswitch-users] answer when agent connects in mod_callcenter

Saugort Dario Garcia Tovar dgarcia at anew.com.ve
Wed Mar 7 19:27:40 MSK 2012

Hi Anita,

I work with different call center solutions like Alcatel, Genesys,
Avaya, Nortel, etc. I have not play with mod_callcenter yet.

Consider what Peter said about keep the call as unanswered. In a
tradicional PBX with an ACD solution the answer state is send to asure
to the PSTN or SIP provider that the call is being handled. On the other
hand, the "logic" in the ACD the call is park/hold/ in queue until an
agent become avalaible or after a timeout the call is rerouted to
another point or dropped.

It is not a good practice hangup the caller if the agent does not
answer, you will "transmit" an idea of "BAD SERVICE". You could instead
to recover the call and locate another avalaible agent and put in  "Not
Ready" or "Logout" the agent who does not answer a call in x seconds. It
is a better approach.

Atentamente,
*Dario García*
Consultor.