[Freeswitch-users] Did FreeSWITCH modules provides Vicidials features?

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Mon Aug 16 11:02:57 PDT 2010

On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 3:16 AM, Patrick Hsieh <patrick.violin at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello,
> I am a new user of FreeSWITCH.
> I have installed the Asterisk and Vicidial applications in my notebook.
>
> Q1:
> I would like to know are there any similar features which already be
> implemented by FreeSWITCH itself?

Not directly. FreeSWITCH has all the hooks and tools, like proverbial Lego
bricks. "Some assembly required." :)

> Q2:
> Which will be a efficient way to have the features in FreeSWITCH?
> Rewrite all features in FreeSWITCH or create a plug-in modules to Vicidial
> directly.

Matt says making Vicidial work with FS will be a big challenge. It's
probably better to build from the ground up a new solution.

> Q3:
> Did FreeSWITCH already support the ACD and Predictive Dialing features?
> Which modules releated to the features?

Moc has started writing mod_callcenter which handles the ACD side of things
and will (hopefully) have some outbound dialing capabilities. Check with him
in the IRC channel.
-MC