[Freeswitch-users] how to force a MINIMUM call duration

Andrew Gilbert gilbertandrew at me.com
Tue Dec 9 16:27:36 PST 2008

What do your records say? Ie do they balance to what the carrier
claims? You should at a minimum have macro level data to confirm
against.

27% seems high, but even at that level if you assume your remaining
population is "normal" you are still no where close to call center /
predictive traffic in the overall sense. For example, 2 minutes ACD on
the normal population is still almost 90 seconds overall. Compare this
to outbound call centers that might have an overall ACD in the 10-30
second range and have well over 50%, probably much higher, short
duration. I would tell your carrier to stop being silly, or find
another one.

I am unsure you can do it just in the dialplan, but it is a somewhat
trivial app. The issue is it is difficult to safely avoid scenarios
where leg B might actually be a real person, talking to dead air. This
is not good citizenship. It breaks implicit assumptions about network
behavior and is unfair to end users. It is illegal if applied to a
predictive scenario.