[Freeswitch-users] Where FreeSWITCH writes some files

Andy Spitzer woof at nortel.com
Tue Dec 9 08:45:03 PST 2008

Woof!

It appears that FreeSWITCH writes

   freeswitch.history
   freeswitch.log
   freeswitch.pid
   freeswitch.xml.fsxml

to the -log directory.

Is there a way to put the files other than freeswitch.log into the -db directory instead?

In my environment we archive and rotate everything in the log directory (which includes logs beside FreeSWITCH's), and these other FreeSWITCH files are getting rotated.  Yeah, I can explicitly exclude them, but to me it seems those really belong in the -db directory anyway, as they are inherently data needed for the current executable of FreeSWITCH, and not logs.

--Woof!