[Freeswitch-users] how to force a MINIMUM call duration

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Wed Dec 10 07:41:52 PST 2008

On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 6:46 AM, Frank @ Impact <frank at impactfax.com> wrote:
> This is a bit beyond me, but in the xml dialplan could we use the
> execute_on_answer to transfer to an extension that sets up an intercept
> of the bleg on hangup_after_bridge?  Or use the api_hangup_hook to
> transfer the bleg to another extension after the aleg hangs up?
>
> I have been reading all the wiki information I can and these smell like
> they might help.  But it is not clear to me how they would be pieced
> together exactly to achieve this end.
>
> MC, any thoughts?

I spent a fair amount of time playing with these last night but I
didn't find a solution. I'm still thinking about it, but I believe
that most likely it will require some scripting in Lua (or another
language) to be able to get this to work. This is the first time I've
ever dealt with keeping the b-leg alive when the a-leg hangs up - it
is usually the other way around.

I recommend you read up on Lua scripting because you're gonna need it
to be able to pull this off. (You could use a different language but
Lua is the scripting language of choice amongst the FS devs so I
highly recommend using it.)

I will tinker with this a bit later today when I have some more time.
In the meantime if you could start experimenting with the ideas you've
presented and brush up on Lua that would be great. BTW, are you on
IRC?

Thanks,
MC