[Freeswitch-dev] mod_callcenter => mod_huntgroup.

Ali Işık fenlisesi at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 22:34:14 MSD 2012

Essentially, it would be a poor man's call center.  Imagine that the
customer already has a proxy set up and integrated into their systems.
 They want to be able to set up a scenario such as:

When 101 is dialed,
(1)   Ring 201
(2)   If there is no response in 5 seconds, ring 30[0-9] in parallel,
but not exactly simultaneously, because the customer does not want the
proxy to be flooded.  Randomize the list and send out INVITEs with,
say, 100ms intervals (this should be settable)
(3)   If there is no response in 10 seconds, ring 4[0-4][0-9] (quasi-)
simultaneously.
(4)   If there is no response in 10 seconds, go to IVR.

The customer wants to be able to ring 50 user agents
(quasi-)simultaneously.  They don't want to load their proxy
unnecessarily and they don't want to confuse/flood the caller's user
agent, either.  There are other considerations, too, that I don't want
to bore you with at this point. :-)

I thought a FreeSWITCH b2bua app (such as mod_huntgroup) would fit the
bill here.

Do you think I could set this up through configuration only?  That
would be awesome, but the requirements are kind of specific, so I
presumed that I would have to roll my own module.

Best,

-- Ali Isik