[Freeswitch-users] Tracking down calls with spoofed Caller ID

Brian West brian at freeswitch.com
Wed Sep 13 17:13:22 UTC 2017

I have seen similar, I've also seen them spoof numbers of my husband and
sister to get to me, Its frustrating because I can't block them.  I've
reported them till I'm blue in the face.

/b

On Wed, Sep 13, 2017 at 11:58 AM, Chad Phillips <chad at apartmentlines.com>
wrote:

> This question isn’t directly related to FreeSWITCH, and, I’m curious what
> others in this community have learned about dealing with incoming ‘spam’
> phone calls…
>
> For many months now I’ve been getting travel-related spam phone calls to
> my personal cell. I figured the caller ID was spoofed, so would just hang
> up, but a few days ago I decided to call one of the numbers back to see
> what would happen.
>
> A woman answered, and I asked her to remove me from their call list, to
> which she angrily responded “no, you are the one who has been calling me,
> and I’ve contacted the police!”
>
> It was then that I realized the spammers were using caller ID numbers of
> other people they were spamming…as if this industry could get any slimier.
>
> I would love to bust these jerks, but I’m not sure it’s even possible to
> trace the origins of these calls. It seems futile to block incoming calls
> based on caller ID, because they change all the time.
>
> How do the telephony bad-asses in this community handle such shenanigans?
>
> Chad

> http://confluence.freeswitch.org

*Brian West*
brian at freeswitch.com

*Twitter: @FreeSWITCH , @cluecon*

http://www.freeswitchbook.com
http://www.freeswitchcookbook.com

Got Bugs? Report them here <https://freeswitch.org/jira>! | Reddit:
/r/freeswitch <https://www.reddit.com/r/freeswitch>

*T:*+19184209001 | *F:*+19184209002 | *M:*+1918424WEST (9378)