[Freeswitch-users] Tracking down calls with spoofed Caller ID

Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana rbetancor at gmail.com
Wed Sep 13 17:11:22 UTC 2017

The policy that we apply is easy:

- We do not accept any external (off-net) call that comes with a CallerID
belonging to US
- We allow customers to set their own blacklist. So they could block the
CallerIDs they want
- If we receive any complains about one of our CallerID been using for
spam, we do a check, if the spam comes from the CallerID owner, we just
terminated their contract, because of violations of our service usage
policies. If it cames fron external sources using that CallerID and the
owner blames, the only thing we could do is just to notify the authorities
and let the customer to change the CallerID.