[Freeswitch-users] mod_avmd with mod_com_g729

Chad freeswitch at mothersell.net
Tue Oct 4 01:27:15 MSD 2016

Hello FreeSWITCH Users,

Just to get this out of the way:
FreeSWITCH 1.6.10 installed via CentOS 7 repo

I’m curious to see if anyone is using the g729 codec with mod_avmd. I’m doing some testing for a project here which is going to require some answering machine detection. We would like to use the g729 codec to keep bandwidth down but I am running into an issue where avmd detects a false beep right after being started on the channel via the ESL. This happens about 50% of the time but I haven’t been able to reproduce the issue using PCMU. In the console I see avmd start, the media bug gets set and the g729 encoder / decoder gets allocated. Immediately after this happens  a beep is detected causing my application to go in the wrong direction.

Any input is welcome.

Thanks!

Chad