[Freeswitch-users] mod_avmd with mod_com_g729

Ken Rice krice at freeswitch.org
Tue Oct 4 01:41:41 MSD 2016

You're better off using G711... G729 is designed for speech compression not for sinal tone compression. This is why its recommended to use out of band signaling for DTMF with G729...

Plus if you are in the US the cost of bandwidth just isn’t worth it unless you are somewhere like no where Arkansas where they don’t have bandwidth...