[Freeswitch-users] Using freeswitch as Generic SIP SBC/RtpProxy without predefined endpoints

Stanislav Sinyagin ssinyagin at gmail.com
Sat May 14 04:43:43 MSD 2016

but what's the problem with sending calls anywhere you want?

In the bridge command, you specify the destination as, for example,
sofia/external/123123123123 at 5.5.5.5:5060
and the calls will be sent to the specified To number at the specified host.

The host and port can also be replaced with a name that has NAPTR and
SRV DNS records.

There are some corner cases where a feature requires you to configure
a gateway - for example, the "caller-id-in-from" parameter cannot be
set as a channel variable. But you can fetch the gateways
configuration from some database-driven backend via mod_curl_xml.