[Freeswitch-users] Update RTP Address On Re-Invite

Colin Morelli colin.morelli at gmail.com
Sat May 14 02:48:58 MSD 2016

I have mobile applications running behind NAT. When their reachability
changes (and the device's local route updates), I want to automatically
switch the RTP stream to the new address/port combination.

I've tried using the RTP ALWAYS_AUTO_ADJUST bug, but that results in
*very* choppy
audio. I also don't really need it, as the only time I care to perform RTP
auto-adjust is after an invite session. For this case I can safely assume
that the client *will* send a re-invite when its address changes. Is there
any way to perform RTP audio adjust only on a re-invite?

Using STUN doesn't seem right for two reasons: 1) on its own it can't solve
this problem (even if it determines the external IP, the port is still
wrong). 2) it results in issues on FS "Invalid STUN/ICE packet received 20
bytes"

Would appreciate any help.

Best,
Colin