[Freeswitch-users] Longtime working user's phone now disconnecting

Sean Devoy sdevoy at bizfocused.com
Sun Jan 10 07:24:54 MSK 2016

Thank you for the reply Anthony.

It appears you are correct OF COURSE!  I dug in deeper to the setup (and dialplan, etc) for that user’s extension.  I found a difference from the working models that I should have seen before even posting, sorry.

The extension did not have
<variable name="sip-force-contact" value="NDLB-connectile-dysfunction"/>
And all the working extensions do have it.  I added it.

I don’t know what else happens when that is set, but I know it makes my extension re-register every 30 seconds (which seems excessive to me).   I think that is probably just masking the underlying problem where the Comcast router is dropping the NAT connection after some time period.  I am thrilled to have it working, but there must be a cleaner fix.  Is there at least a way to extend that 30 second time to 60, 90, 120?

Can you direct me to a good resource to help me understand this parameter better?

Thank you again,
Sean