[Freeswitch-users] Longtime working user's phone now disconnecting

Daniel Corbe dcorbe at hammerfiber.com
Sun Jan 10 11:48:31 MSK 2016

> On Jan 9, 2016, at 11:24 PM, Sean Devoy <sdevoy at bizfocused.com> wrote:
>
> I don’t know what else happens when that is set, but I know it makes my extension re-register every 30 seconds (which seems excessive to me).   I think that is probably just masking the underlying problem where the Comcast router is dropping the NAT connection after some time period.  I am thrilled to have it working, but there must be a cleaner fix.  Is there at least a way to extend that 30 second time to 60, 90, 120?

This is slightly off-topic; however, it really is your Comcast-supplied CPE causing this particular issue.  You’re better off buying an inexpensive cable modem that only runs in bridge mode and using a router that you have more direct configuration control over.  The person that maintained this before you obviously took note of how stupidly aggressive the default timers are on their CPE.