[Freeswitch-users] Difference between freeswitch.bridge and uuid_bridge, Blocking/ non-blocking bridge

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 22:20:29 MSD 2014

uuid_bridge is a "transfer to" type of bridge so if you want to use it and
your script is running on one of the legs involved, you need to allow your
script to exit so the bridge can begin.

If you have the uuid of another leg and you want to make them bridge you
can use:
session:execute("intercept", "<other uuid>")

If you are manually creating legs inside lua scripts just to bridge them,
its generally overkill.
You can just do session:execute("bridge", "<dial string");  which is a
blocking call that will dial and bridge and return to your script when its
done.

If you don't need to remain in your script you should set a custom variable
to the destination you want to dial, exit the script, and use the bridge
app from the xml dialplan.

On Sat, Sep 20, 2014 at 2:53 PM, Stanislav Sinyagin <ssinyagin at gmail.com>
wrote:

> It's not a direct answer to your question, but have a look here:
> https://github.com/xlab1/freeswitch_secretary_bug
>
> https://github.com/xlab1/go-fs-secretary-prototype
> On Sep 20, 2014 9:46 PM, "Shreejisandy" <shreejisandy at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> I want to play some audio file to both the legs might be same or
>> different,
>>
>> 1st option:
>> i can do it by using uuid_bridge, audio file playback can be done using
>> uuid_broadcast or sched_broadcast with +0. But using uuid bridge, the audio
>> is not flowing correctly from B-leg to A-leg. while the audio flows
>> flawless other ways(A-B leg). Also the audio file that i am playing to both
>> legs are perfectly heard with out any problem. and after the audio
>> playback, its the same audio flowing issue from B-A leg.
>>
>> 2nd option:
>> or i can schedule it using sched_broadcast, if i am using
>> freeswitch.bridge which is blocking in nature. Using this approach, There
>> is no complaint of audio between call legs or playback of audio file.
>>
>> Hence i wanted to understand which bridge is better to use? and what is
>> the difference between the two bridges?
>>
>> Any help is appreciated.

>> consulting at freeswitch.org
>> http://www.freeswitchsolutions.com