[Freeswitch-users] Hold Music not Playing when pressing Hold on Polycom Phone

Lyle Pratt lylepratt at gmail.com
Thu Feb 6 08:11:33 MSK 2014

Hi Guys,

When I press the HOLD button (or start to transfer someone, join a
conference, etc) the configured hold music will not play.

I previously had this working in production, but all of the sudden it is no
longer working I can't figure out why. It works fine in my development
environment on my local network, but not when I'm registering to Public
IPs. I first thought it was a Polycom specific NAT issue, but then I tried
it with a different phone (Cisco) from a different network with no success
either.

Here is a Pastebin of the Freeswitch console logs when I press the hold
button on my device and no hold music occurs.
http://pastebin.com/p6xtwyz7

Does anyone have any ideas on how on earth I messed this up? Its the last
piece of the puzzle I have in completely getting this working! Any help
appreciated.

Thanks,
Lyle Pratt