[Freeswitch-users] Static linking of libraries into freeswitch

Mimiko vbvbrj at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 10:59:54 MSK 2013

On 06.03.2013 08:13, Siri MM wrote:
> Hello,
> I am working on a system, where I build FS on a development linux ubuntu
> server, and deploy the built binaries on a target linux ubuntu server
> (6.06).
> The problem that I am facing is, the Target server has default libraries
> installed, and cannot be upgraded to install new libraries (no internet
> access). When i study the delta between the two servers, missing
> libraries on the target server are libodbc and liblibjpeg.
> As a workaround,I would like to bundle these two libraries along with
> the freeswitch binaries statically. Would appreicaite any inputs on how
> to go about this.
> Thanks!

It's not really needed to compile this libraries as static. You can
download on your development box precompiled libodbc and libjpeg, or
compile locally, then copy this libraries in some lib directory on
server along with compiled FS. Then in start script use:

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=path_to_the_lib_directory

--
Mimiko desu.