[Freeswitch-users] Debian repository freeTDM

Travis Cross tc at travislists.com
Thu Jul 4 09:22:49 MSD 2013

On 2013-07-04 04:57, Karl Schmidt wrote:
> On 07/02/2013 10:15 PM, Travis Cross wrote:
>> mod_freetdm is in a weird place in our tree, which makes it a bit
>> awkward to build with our tooling.  Ken and I chatted briefly about
>> moving mod_freetdm to src/mod/endpoints but we didn't take any action.
>
> I tried to make sense of the build environment so I could make my own package - this is more complex
> that what I've dealt with in the past. I tried running debian/bootstrap then moved the freetdm into
> /usr/src and built a custom deb package..
>
> THAT did not work - ended up with a package missing at least :
>
> /usr/lib/freeswitch/mod/mod_freetdm.so - even missing the directory I think something somewhere is
> supposed to renames things?
>
> I'm in way over my head.. In real life I write assembly for embedded chips - nothing like this.

If you need to get this working try these patches:

http://jira.freeswitch.org/browse/FS-4247

They're not acceptable for inclusion, but they might get the job done
for you.

> ( Really wish I could be of some help - I think it is quite important that freeswitch gets into
> Debian to feed the distribution food chain.)

FS is a hard package to get in a distribution for various reasons.
I'm working with some others to do that, but even when it goes in,
it's likely going to be missing lots of modules.