[Freeswitch-users] Polycom specific problem

Sean Devoy sdevoy at bizfocused.com
Mon Feb 25 20:03:43 MSK 2013

This was initially reported to me as a call being dropped issue.  I have
just had an update that says if the user stays on the line for "a few
seconds or so" the call returned to its previous state.  Now I am skeptical
if it is a FS issue at all.  Alas, you all are my best source of information
so I appeal to you with my question and undying gratitude.  My first
question for you Polycom users is "Does Polycom have a different call
waiting tone when the users is dialing out and not connected yet?"

The current issue, reported by several users, is intermittent.  If the
Polycom user is dialing out (and the call is not answered yet) and a new
call comes in (incoming calls ring all 6 extensions) the Polycom user gets a
"busy signal" for 1 to 2 seconds and then it returns to their ringing
outgoing call.  They have been absolutely adamant that it is not the "nice
little call waiting tone" they get when a call is connected and another call
comes in.  It is only in this "pre-connected state" that they get the "busy
signal" and they swear it is intermittent.

I will add that the phone configuration is Line ringing on both extensions
on the phone.

I have turned on global siptrace to capture everything I can the next time
it happens.

Any ideas?

Sean