[Freeswitch-users] Bounty for FS-5118 - Tel URI parameters (npdi, rn) appearing in SIP URI on outbound calls

Victor Chukalovskiy victor.chukalovskiy at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 20:37:12 MSK 2013

Hello,

I'm offering bounty to have npdi and rn= issue sorted out. I'll be also
posting this in the bounty section of the WiKi shortly. Amount depends
on the scope of work.

If I get it right, FS-5118 needs to be first reviewed by developers to
move any further with this. I'm ready to offer my feedback and detailed
description of what is needed.

At this point, I see two different path:

(1) Attack FS-5118 directly. That is, provide a way to pass tel URI
parameters correctly when bridging call to a SIP gateway

OR

(2) Come-up with channel variables for npdi or npdi= and for rn= that are:
     -Automatically inserted into tel URI in the INVITE on outbound SIP
calls
     -Automatically populated with parsed values on incoming SIP call
(to avoid doing this in the dial-plan
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Regular_Expression#LNP_.28Local_Number_Portability.29)

I believe FS project will benefit from the ability to easily send and
receive npdi or npdi= and rn= (ideally, by means of dedicated channel
variables).

-Victor