[Freeswitch-users] Internal profile not started at FS startup if extension uses TCP

Mario G mario_fs at mgtech.com
Mon Apr 2 20:14:50 MSD 2012

I added an iPad softphone that requires TCP to converse battery. Everything works except: FS is restarted 2am each day but does not activate the INTERNAL profile, this causes all internal extensions to stay offline. If  the TCP extension is off all works. Odd: I cannot reproduce this at any other time manually, it only occurs at the 2am restart! So debugging has been a bugger. Anytime after 2am I can "sofia profile internal start" and all is well. I ran with sofia loglevel all 9 and the TCP devices IPs did not show up in the log at all and NO MENTION of INTERNAL in the log. It's as if the file is missing, there is nothing in the FS log to provide a hint. I searched the FS wiki and web and found a TCP bug mentioned march 2011 but I updated FS to Saturdays (03-30) GIT (to test the new 1.2 anyway) and no change. BTW, I tried 2 different clients (SoftPhone and Bria) and both had the problem. Anyone have an idea what to try next?
Mario G