[Freeswitch-users] call forwarding how to test

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Thu Sep 15 02:50:15 MSD 2011

Apologies, I didn't look down far enough.

Okay, what's happening is that the call from 1234 to 1210 is never hitting a
dialplan extension that checks the value of the CF information that you
entered with the *72 process. My guess is that you didn't do the part
mentioned on this page:

http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Call_Forward_Example

...under "Also, default.xml:"

So, the questions are:
Did you add the stuff to features.xml that the author shows?
Did you add the "call_forwarding_number" extension to default.xml?
If so, did you put it near the top of the file? (Don't forget that the
dialplan is parsed in the order listed in the file, so if you put that
"call_forwarding_number" too low in the file it won't be processed. I
recommend putting as the first extension in the file, just to be safe.)
Did you add the "is_forward" check inside the Local_Extension? (By the look
of your log I'd say not...)

If you want an alternative way of doing this then check out the
call-forwarding example that I posted on the wiki. There's a link to "Simple
CF with IVR" at the bottom of the wiki page that you are looking at. Perhaps
the information I present will give you some more clarity on how these kinds
of things work. I give a lot of explanatory text in that example, so check
it out.

Don't be discouraged - if you're new to all of this then the pains you're
experiencing are part of the learning process. My advice is to keep hacking
away at it. Also, buy our book! Darren and I wrote some good stuff in
chapters 8 and 5 (respectively) on the dialplan and how it works. The book
will help you build a good foundation. :)

-MC