[Freeswitch-users] mod_opal

Alex Crow acrow at integrafin.co.uk
Wed Nov 9 14:05:57 MSK 2011

On 09/11/11 09:56, Patrick Lists wrote:
> As far as I know IAX2 is unsupported/does not work with FreeSWITCH.
> Hence my question.

Patrick,

The Wiki page for mod_opal seems to suggest otherwise but does not show
how to configure it, which is why I'm confused. Anyone else know about it?

> My old Asterisk box has ISDN and sends and receives faxes fine:
> ISDN ->  chan_capi ->  asterisk ->  iaxmodem ->  hylafax
>
> But you do realize this is the FreeSWITCH mailing list right? Since you
> are referring to Asterisk :)
  Do'h! Of course I meant FreeSwitch!

> If you are interested in FreeSWTICH&  sending/receiving faxes then have
> a look at: http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Mod_spandsp

Really has to be Hylafax, as we need desktop faxing, not via email. We
have a large user base using WHFC and some using Excel macros to send faxes!

It looks like I may have to look at using t38modem and gatewaying t38 to
audio towards the ISDN.
> I never used buildopal.sh. Sorry I forgot to mention that. That script
> indeed seems to do the wrong thing.

Yes.

> I used Sirius (ptlib 2.8/opal 3.8) and could build mod_opal fine. Iirc
> someone on this list mentioned he was successfully using ptlib 2.10 and
> opal 3.10 (the Luyten release).

OK, good to know.

> Regards,
> Patrick