[Freeswitch-users] mod_opal

Patrick Lists freeswitch-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Wed Nov 9 12:56:45 MSK 2011

On 11/09/2011 08:10 AM, Alex Crow wrote:
[snip]
> No, I presumed from the Wiki that it supports IAX2, as it says on the
> page. Is this not the case?

As far as I know IAX2 is unsupported/does not work with FreeSWITCH.
Hence my question.

> If so, is there any other way to hook Hylafax up to Asterisk for normal
> (not t.38) faxing, eg via ISDN or POTS?

My old Asterisk box has ISDN and sends and receives faxes fine:
ISDN -> chan_capi -> asterisk -> iaxmodem -> hylafax

But you do realize this is the FreeSWITCH mailing list right? Since you
are referring to Asterisk :)

If you are interested in FreeSWTICH & sending/receiving faxes then have
a look at: http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Mod_spandsp

[snip]
> I wiped my git source tree and started again. It built. However the
> buildopal.sh does not work. It pulls the trunk of ptlib which is too new.

I never used buildopal.sh. Sorry I forgot to mention that. That script
indeed seems to do the wrong thing.

> I had to get them and build by hand. Also the Wiki docs are out of date.
> Lalande is not new enough to build mod_opal, at least for me.

I used Sirius (ptlib 2.8/opal 3.8) and could build mod_opal fine. Iirc
someone on this list mentioned he was successfully using ptlib 2.10 and
opal 3.10 (the Luyten release).

Regards,
Patrick