[Freeswitch-users] mod_opal

Alex Crow acrow at integrafin.co.uk
Wed Nov 9 10:10:19 MSK 2011

On 08/11/11 23:48, Patrick Lists wrote:
> On 11/08/2011 10:01 PM, Alex Crow wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm having some issues getting mod_opal installed - my intention is to
>> use its IAX2 provision with iaxmodem and hylafax to get faxing through
>> hylafax via a SIP trunk to a Mitel 3300 acting as an ISDN gateway.
> I wasn't aware that IAX2 was in working order in opal/mod_opal. Have you
> verified this?

Patrick

No, I presumed from the Wiki that it supports IAX2, as it says on the
page. Is this not the case?

If so, is there any other way to hook Hylafax up to Asterisk for normal
(not t.38) faxing, eg via ISDN or POTS?

>> It just seems it does not want to compile - I'm using the Sirius release
>> of PTLIB and OPAL, but it did also have a go with Lalande.
>>
>> So my first question would be - is mod_opal maintained any more? Or is
>> there and equivalent "sipmodem" project that would replace iaxmodem?
> A few months back on a CentOS 5.6 x86 box I built ptlib 2.6.8, opal
> 3.6.8 and mod_opal compiled fine. Which distro are you using and what
> are the errors you are seeing?

I wiped my git source tree and started again. It built. However the
buildopal.sh does not work. It pulls the trunk of ptlib which is too new.

I had to get them and build by hand. Also the Wiki docs are out of date.
Lalande is not new enough to build mod_opal, at least for me.

> Regards,
> Patrick

Thanks

Alex

This message is intended only for the addressee and may contain
confidential information.  Unless you are that person, you may not
disclose its contents or use it in any way and are requested to delete
the message along with any attachments and notify us immediately.

"Transact" is operated by Integrated Financial Arrangements plc
Domain House, 5-7 Singer Street, London  EC2A 4BQ
Tel: (020) 7608 4900 Fax: (020) 7608 5300
(Registered office: as above; Registered in England and Wales under number: 3727592)
Authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority (entered on the FSA Register; number: 190856)