[Freeswitch-users] Issue adding a SIP Gateway

Alex Crow acrow at integrafin.co.uk
Tue Dec 20 12:40:43 MSK 2011

On 19/12/11 21:05, Ryan Watkins wrote:

> Alex,
>
> I've seen that as well... but where I figured it was part of the
> example.xml gateway I didn't pay much mind. I have, however, renamed
> the example.xml to example.xml.noload, stopped and started the daemon,
> and attempted to reload the external profile within freeswitch... and
> it's STILL loading the example gateway... and will not load iptel,
>
> I haven't ever touched the external.xml, but I'm wondering if maybe it
> needed to be edited? Or perhaps the freeswitch install put yet another
> location in that this setup that it might be looking to?? Really lost
> at this point... don't know how it's loading the example gateway when
> it's been renamed (even renamed the example.xml in
> /usr/src/freeswitch* for S&Gs)

Ryan,

Do you have exactly this at the top of
/opt/freeswitch/conf/sip_profiles/external.xml?

<profile name="external">
<!-- http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Sofia_Configuration_Files -->
<!-- This profile is only for outbound registrations to providers -->
<gateways>
<X-PRE-PROCESS cmd="include" data="external/*.xml"/>
</gateways>

If you do, and it's still not loading, I am stumped too. Can you post
your entire external.xml?

Cheers

Alex