[Freeswitch-users] mod_sofia in contact header

Ross McKillop ross at ossiantelecom.co.uk
Tue Sep 28 14:30:11 PDT 2010

Is it possible to change the user portion of the URI in the contact header ?

I know you can change it when originating a call using sip_contact_user but there
doesn't appear to be a way to change this on a per-profile basis so that it's also
used in REGISTER and NOTIFY.

I want to hide it in order to obscure what I use for security - in much the same
reason as you would disable or obscure the Server header in Apache HTTPD
or the greeting from an SMTP server.  Anywhere someone sees mod_sofia@
they know FreeSWITCH is at the other end and can refine an attack based on
this.

I appreciate that FreeSWITCH is quite secure, and there aren't many known
exploits for it - but every little helps to give a potential intruder less information
to go on.

Ross