[Freeswitch-users] Tutorial: FreeSwitch as Media Server and SBC for Kamailio 3.1

mazilo Nabble at slickdeals.endjunk.com
Tue Nov 30 08:31:40 PST 2010

Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On 11/30/10 3:53 PM, mazilo wrote:
>> Daniel,
>>
>> Thanks for the update. I took a glance at the links and the
>> configurations
>> seemed to be simple and straightforward. I am tempted to go ahead, but I
>> need my FS to also serve a PBX System. Is it possible to configure FS as
>> PBX System as well as an SBC to Kamailio without any conflicts and
>> (additional) security issues?
> PBX has lot of features, you know, is not like a very clear definition.
What I meant by PBX system is the basic (default) PBX features from
FreeSWITCH. For instance, when I have my FS up for the first time, I just
configured my ATA to register to my FS as an extension, added several
trunks, and can use it right the way to place/receive calls. What I meant is
if I configured my FS as an SBC to Kamailio, will the existing
configurations still be working along with the new addition as SBC to
Kamailio?

Of course there are some PBX functionalities that can be implemented in
> Kamailio, like call hunting -- it is a matter of your design decision.
This may not be a bad idea. BTW, since I am not familiar with Kamailio, is
it possible configure Kamailio with a trunk to register to a VoIP service
provider, i.e.  http://callcentric.com CallCentric , etc.?

-----
don't and stop are the ONLY two 4-letter words considered offensive to men,
but not when used together.