[Freeswitch-users] Tutorial: FreeSwitch as Media Server and SBC for Kamailio 3.1

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 07:45:17 PST 2010

Hello,

On 11/30/10 3:53 PM, mazilo wrote:
> Daniel,
>
> Thanks for the update. I took a glance at the links and the configurations
> seemed to be simple and straightforward. I am tempted to go ahead, but I
> need my FS to also serve a PBX System. Is it possible to configure FS as a
> PBX System as well as an SBC to Kamailio without any conflicts and
> (additional) security issues?
PBX has lot of features, you know, is not like a very clear definition.

I am using freeswhich in many deployments to provide anything that is
related to media processing and back-to-back UA functionality. In these
cases I use Kamailio as load balancer and security checks (FS will
accept only traffic from Kamailio).

Of course there are some PBX functionalities that can be implemented in
Kamailio, like call hunting -- it is a matter of your design decision.
If you list what kind of PBX features you need, I can comment more if
there are potential issues.

Thanks,
Daniel

--