[Freeswitch-users] Simulate a Collect Call behaviour

Listas Devel-IT listas.develit at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 09:46:24 PST 2010

Hi Michael,

On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 6:01 PM, Michael Collins <msc at freeswitch.org> wrote:

> Of course I remember CC 2009! We had a nice conversation with you guys. :)
>
> Okay, I was thinking about this and I had a few questions:
>
> #1 - how do you feel about having the called party press a key to accept
> the collect call? If that is okay with you then the problem is solved very
> easily with the group_confirm stuff. (see
> http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Channel_Variables#Answer_confirmation_variablesfor more information)

This not an option for this project, we must do exactly how the Collect Call
works here in Brazil - You must stay in the line after a few seconds (6s) to
accept the call.

> #2 - if you really want to have the called party just wait several seconds
> to accept the call then I would wonder how you handle a condition like the
> called party's voicemail answering? It's entirely possible that the called
> party's VM picks up, then the collect call goes through. (Unless, of course,
> that's what you want.)

Yes you are right, but in that case the B side will not have VM enabled or
at least not enabled for this kind of calls.

> Write out the call flow, like this:
> Party A calls, is placed on hold, party B is called
> If party B accepts call, bridge A and B
> If party B rejects, send A to a rejection message
>
> Is that right? If so then it's time to start coding. :)

Not exactly, should be that way:

Party A calls and party B is called (the phone is ringing at that point)
When party B picks up the phone, FS plays an announcement to party A (ex:
callee.wav) and another announcement to party B (ex: called.wav) - bouth
announcements/sounds has the same duration
If party B stays in the line after heard the announcement/sound FS bridge A
and B
If party B hangup the phone, party A hears busy tone (could be an
announcement too) and the call is dropped.

Thats it!
Do you think its possible to accomplish with FS?

Thanks for your attention.
Best regards
Rodrigo Telles