[Freeswitch-users] Simulate a Collect Call behaviour

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Thu Nov 18 12:01:48 PST 2010

Of course I remember CC 2009! We had a nice conversation with you guys. :)

Okay, I was thinking about this and I had a few questions:

#1 - how do you feel about having the called party press a key to accept the
collect call? If that is okay with you then the problem is solved very
easily with the group_confirm stuff. (see
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Channel_Variables#Answer_confirmation_variablesfor
more information)

#2 - if you really want to have the called party just wait several seconds
to accept the call then I would wonder how you handle a condition like the
called party's voicemail answering? It's entirely possible that the called
party's VM picks up, then the collect call goes through. (Unless, of course,
that's what you want.)

Write out the call flow, like this:
Party A calls, is placed on hold, party B is called
If party B accepts call, bridge A and B
If party B rejects, send A to a rejection message

Is that right? If so then it's time to start coding. :)

-MC