[Freeswitch-users] Equivalent to Asterisk's "directrtpsetup=yes"?

Fred-145 codecomplete at free.fr
Sun Jan 31 12:41:11 PST 2010

On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 11:47:42 +0100, Ognjen Seslija
<oseslija at gmail.com> wrote:
>If FreeSWITCH is configured in bypass-media mode, and the endpoint behing
>NAT cannot use any of the NAT avoiding techiques to send public IP in the
>SDP (STUN etc.) then you'll have issues.

In this scenario, Freeswitch and the SIP end-points are configured to
handle NAT. I'm just curious to know what issues/drawbacks I should
expect if I decide to lower the CPU/network load on the Freeswitch
server if I decide to configure it in bypass-media mode.

Are there features that aren't available when the two end-points speak
RTP directly instead of having RTP packets go through Freeswitch?

>You can do what do I do, which is to make different sofia profiles for NATed
>and non-NATED endpoints (FS has many server-side nat traversal mechanisms).

If you have time, I'm interested in knowing more about your setup.