[Freeswitch-users] sip_profiles - Aliases Question

mm_202 mastermind202 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 15:09:14 PST 2010

On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 5:54 PM, Alfredo Quiroga-Villamil <lawwton at gmail.com
> wrote:

> Thanks mm_202.
>
> Yeah, I figured he was having a bad day or something, don't think my
> reply to you was offensive or contained criticism in any way. So I
> said that I really appreciated your help which I of course meant. To
> see his response was a bit of a shocker since I made sure I stated I
> understood most of the time things are done in a way for a reason. I
> had also spent a bit of time reading up documentation and trying
> things before I posted the question.
>
> So far I've been reading and trying to come up to speed and I really
> like what I see. I will definitely continue to explore it and
> hopefully use it in a production system one day.
>
> Regards,
>
> Alfredo
>
> On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 4:53 PM, mm_202 <mastermind202 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 9:07 AM, Alfredo Quiroga-Villamil
> > <lawwton at gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> I am pretty sincere when I say "I appreciate the help", otherwise I
> >> wouldn't say it. I don't think I've argued in any of my previous
> >> statements and I've tried to be very polite when raising questions or
> >> concerns. Disagreeing in a polite way doesn't necessarily mean that I
> >> am 100% rejecting the idea and by the way it's not a bad thing to
> >> disagree. No one said "You are wrong"; but "I disagree". There is a
> >> difference there.
> >>
> >> If you expect to put a system out there and new users that have used
> >> other ones not to ask why this or that I think you'll keep running
> >> into this with other people. No one is criticizing or putting down the
> >> system here, on the contrary I am trying to simply find out how it
> >> works so I can use it. But things like reloading configurations and
> >> specific system details that are quite different when compared to
> >> others (alias for instance which I am still not sure what would break
> >> if removed) do require some asking if after reading the online
> >> documentation and previous archived messages the reason is still not
> >> clear.
> >>
> >> So I am not sure how you expect people to ask questions or if this is
> >> more a "this is what it is" take it or leave it dictatorship approach.
> >> Not the paradigm followed in open source projects where collaboration,
> >> asking and questioning is usually the  way to go.
> >>
> >> Interestingly enough in this one case I DON'T APPRECIATE YOUR
> >> RESPONSE. Now tell me if that doesn't sound sincere to you. In any
> >> case I will continue to play with the system and possibly ask
> >> questions as well.
> >>
> >> Alfredo

> appriciate
> you.
> could

> lawwton at gmail.com>

> http://lists.freeswitch.org/mailman/options/freeswitch-users

> http://lists.freeswitch.org/mailman/options/freeswitch-users
> >> http://www.freeswitch.org
> >
> > Alfredo,

> [...]

Excellent to hear!  If you have any more questions or even curiosities,
don't hesitate to ask.
The FS community is great in answering even the most perplexing questions.

You should also (if you havent yet) join us on IRC in #freeswitch (
irc.freenode.net), you'll get answers much
quicker and see more of the 'community'.

-- mm_202.