[Freeswitch-users] FS PABX experiences?

Nandy Dagondon gcd at i.ph
Wed May 27 16:53:28 PDT 2009

IMHO, you have tons of features w/ FS. i've setup FS on a low-power
consumption Intel D945GCLF2 motherboard (Atom dual-core CPU) ideal for 24/7
operation on a 10-seat contact center w/ default conversation recording. no
problem.

another cool feature. you can route the call based on the Caller ID. so u hv
to consider the selection of the telco (FXO) gateway.

one advantage over key system - you can turn PCs into extension phones using
free softphones. just use USB phones instead of  headsets.

re maintenance, just provide remote access to the FS box. in my home FS, i
create dialplan to reboot or shutdown my FS. it helps when problems occur
(not encountered so far).

-nandy
LanVox Systems
Lapulapu City, Philippines 6015