[Freeswitch-users] FS PABX experiences?

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Wed May 27 16:13:14 PDT 2009

On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 3:51 PM, Neale Banks <neale at lowendale.com.au> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We're considering deploying FS instead of a traditional PABX/Key-System in
> a small office environment (i.e. primarily non-technical users, 15-20
> handsets).
>
> Anyone have any experiences (good/bad/whatever) in this sort of scenario?

We have several people here who administer such systems. The key, though, is
that someone will need to be the administrator of that system, especially
since you have primarily non-technical users. Also, there isn't a FS GUI
front-end yet (unless you count emacs) so you'll need to be prepared for a
little text-based setup.

All that being said, FreeSWITCH is a very stable, feature-rich platform.

-MC