[Freeswitch-users] XML editors and freeswitch XML spec compliance?

Brian West brian at freeswitch.org
Mon May 4 12:05:18 PDT 2009

On May 4, 2009, at 1:52 PM, Jay Austad wrote:

> Has anyone found a decent XML editor for the XML files?  I loaded the
> files up in OrangeVolt under Eclipse, but didn't have much time to
> play around with it.
>
> Also, I tried opening them with an XML plugin for TextMate, and it
> says the files are not compliant.  The reason is that the first line
> of each files is a comment describing the file, followed by the <xml>
> tag.  Apparently, the <xml> tag needs to be the first line in the file
> for compliance to the spec.

I have moved the one file a few weeks back that had the <xml> tag
(freeswitch.xml) in it to the top of the file.. the others are
preprocessed and included by FreeSWITCH which doesn't care about the
tag itself.

The files can be combined into a large freeswitch.xml without any
includes!

Brian West
brian at freeswitch.org

-- Meet us at ClueCon!  http://www.cluecon.com