[Freeswitch-users] any way ring fifo members one by one?

dujinfang dujinfang at gmail.com
Mon May 4 07:59:09 PDT 2009

On May 4, 2009, at 9:25 PM, Anthony Minessale wrote:
> When you are using on-hook agents, it's presumed to be under low
> call volume, you can just set the agents to get popped
> into the queue in nowait mode so if the caller changed his mind the
> agent will get a hangup.  Remember, if there are X customers in the
> queue, mod_fifo generates X outbound calls to try to service them.

Thank you. I'm more clear about the logic.  I read some code, but need
to read more to totally understand it.

Here are two problems:
1) Is it possible to present the original caller id of the customer to
the agent?
2) If the agent already on a call(busy), it would still call the
extension and sim UAs generally allows multiple calls comes in. Is
there a way to limit an agent can answer only one call?(mod_limit
seems only limit outbound calls) Or do we need other complicated logic
the figure out is the callee is busy before call them(possible by
query the core db)?

> call_timeout is only valid on inbound legs to set the timeout it's
> willing to wait for a caller to answer.  You are confusing it with
> leg_timeout which is designed to go in the {}

So it is supposed to hang up the caller when call_timeout timeout? I
see it's deprecated on wiki:

Deprecated - Use originate_timeout or leg_timeout.
Controls how long (in seconds) to ring the B leg of a call when using
the bridge application.

But what i'm actually confusing is "<member timeout=x ..." in
fifo.conf. It seems should worked as leg_timeout, but not(on my box
using a very recent trunk version).

Thanks again.