[Freeswitch-users] auto dialing question ...

Shelby Ramsey sicfslist at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 14:15:10 PST 2009

Sorry for the double post ... actually hit send too early ...

OK ... Here goes another I'm doing this with AST  ... but I want to move it
to FS.  Searched via google site:lists.freeswitch.org auto dialer and others
... nothing useful.
Today I have a platform for auto dialing with AST (centrally managed ...
about 10 machines) and we do this:
  -- Remote machines query central DB for numbers to call based on certain
configs
  -- Use AMI to generate the call
  -- If call gets answered, extension info queried via rta (central db
again)

The nice thing about all of this is it's relatively easy to manage (through
one central web interface we built) and it works ... the bad part is
reporting ...

So ... conceptually I'm trying to accomplish the same thing ...

Today we use FS a lot for termination of VoIP traffic ... all done via
XML_CURL ... which is awesome  (not to xml cdr ... and the "proxying" of
media) ...

Would like to do something like:
  -- originate request (looks simple enough)
  -- on answer XML_CURL posts info

But for the life of me I can't figure out how to translate this into the xml
response ...

[campaign]
exten => 100,1,ANSWER()
exten => 100,n,WAIT(2)
exten => 100,n,BACKGROUND(${SOUND_DIR}/somefile)
exten => 100,n,WAITEXTEN(10)
exten => 100,n,HANGUP()

exten => 1,1,PLAYBACK(goodbye)
.... and so on ...

I've looked at the ivr.conf stuff but it's all static and all of this has to
be manageable via a web interface .... meaning dumping into a DB and
returning an XML response seems reasonable ... but trying to stick or modify
static text files from the web interface is too much text parsing and bad
things will happen ...

Any thoughts or pointing me in the right direction would be appreciated.

Shelby