[Freeswitch-users] auto dialing question ...

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Fri Jan 23 14:39:34 PST 2009

On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 2:15 PM, Shelby Ramsey <sicfslist at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry for the double post ... actually hit send too early ...
> OK ... Here goes another I'm doing this with AST  ... but I want to move it
> to FS.  Searched via google site:lists.freeswitch.org auto dialer and others
> ... nothing useful.
> Today I have a platform for auto dialing with AST (centrally managed ...
> about 10 machines) and we do this:
>   -- Remote machines query central DB for numbers to call based on certain
> configs
>   -- Use AMI to generate the call
>   -- If call gets answered, extension info queried via rta (central db
> again)
> The nice thing about all of this is it's relatively easy to manage (through
> one central web interface we built) and it works ... the bad part is
> reporting ...
> So ... conceptually I'm trying to accomplish the same thing ...
> Today we use FS a lot for termination of VoIP traffic ... all done via
> XML_CURL ... which is awesome  (not to xml cdr ... and the "proxying" of
> media) ...
> Would like to do something like:
>   -- originate request (looks simple enough)
>   -- on answer XML_CURL posts info

Several choices, depending upon how much you want it handled inside
the dialplan vs. handled in the scripting language. For the sake of
testing you could do something like this:
<extension name="ivr-start">
  <condition field="destination_number" expression="ivr_whatever">
    <action application="set" data="execute_on_answer=transfer
IVR_ANSWER XML default"/>
    <!-- rest of dialplan -->
  </condition>
</extension>

Then have:
<extension name="ivr-answer">
  <condition field="destination_number" expression="IVR_ANSWER">
    <action application="lua" data="post-info.lua ${some_important_value}"/>
  </condition>
</extension>

This would have any answered call go to the "ivr-answer" extension
while unanswered calls could stay in the ivr-start extension to get
properly handled. (Busy, no answer, invalid/SIT, etc.)

You could then have the "ivr-answer" extension do whatever is
appropriate, like listen for digits, play announcement, beg for money,
etc. :)

-MC