[Freeswitch-users] FreeSWITCH, MRCP and Perl

mszlazak at aol.com mszlazak at aol.com
Mon Jan 12 22:55:36 PST 2009

 "My god" I would LOVE it if this is really the case and would praise pocketsphinx (PS) and FS to no end. But my experience has been different.

First, I tried the pizza demo with a soft phone and later by outside phone calls to my Linksys 3102 pstn-to-voip gateway.
Second, I tried these two set-ups again but with Voxeo's Prophecy ASR.

Both are as is and by this I mean there was no training of PocketSphinx just running the pizza demo and with Prophecy there is no training because it can't be trained.

Prophecy is quite good but the FS/Pocketsphinx pizza demo isn't and I couldn't use it at a pizza join. Also, I get a much better experience when calling LumenVox and trying their pizza demo.

Now, maybe Prophecy is the type of asr that doesn't require hours of training to make it speaker independent. I know that the Sphinx family are the types of ASR that do need this.

So, if there is some settings for adaptation of Pocketsphinx for speaker independence then are they turned on?
?
How many hours of calls to a business should an owner expect before PocketSphinx gets good enough not to scare customers away?

If there are many hours needed then I could see using another ASR in the mean time, recording their calls and feeding the audio to Pocketsphinx for training, then switching to Pocketspinx once it's "tuned up." At least this way a business doesn't have to deal with a "virgin" pocketsphinx.

 Mark