[Freeswitch-users] FreeSWITCH, MRCP and Perl

Brian West brian at freeswitch.org
Mon Jan 12 15:21:24 PST 2009

Maybe for NON english speakers it doesn't do well but for my tests and
needs it does excellent.  Sphinx isn't ready thats for sure.. but
PocketSphinx does great.

I have PocketSphinx doing voice dial by name directory on very common
and simple names.  If you adapt it it can get much better.  But have
you called AT&T lately?  I have no idea what they use but OMG it
sucks... you say "NO" it doesn't understand you.. you say your account
number .. it doesn't understand you... you scream curse words at it
and it will take you to an agent so they can get you to the right
place.  Its aweful.  Pocketsphinx has performed better than that on my
testing.

/b