[Freeswitch-users] Confused about conferences

Bradley Brashier bjbrashier at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 16:09:51 PDT 2009

>This is a significant new fact for me.  What you seem to be doing is
>calling the commands referenced in the conference api here
>
>http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Mod_conference#API_Reference
>
>by using application="conference" and then the data string as the second
>part of the command.  Am I correct in the assumption that you can do this.

I agree that that's what it looks like. What I don't know is if it works. I
got this example from the page
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Conferencing_and_Intercom. I never did
exactly what you're trying, and never tried using the API in this fashion.

><action application="set" data="member-list=${conference(${conf-id}
>list)}"/>
><action application="execute_extension" data="do-kick"/>
>and the figure out a regular expression to get participant-id and
>caller-id out of the resultant string.
>
>Or is this not how its done?

Even assuming that our understanding on the kick command is correct, and
there's an accessible API here, I don't believe the above would actually
populate your variable with the data that you want. I don't think it
actually issues the command with the "set" application. Instead, you'd need
to do something like

<action application="conference" data="${conf-id} list"/>

and then you'd have to capture the output somehow, which I also don't
believe is possible.

I'm hardly a master of XML, though, or of dialplans, so feel free to try it
if you want. Just make sure you're logging everything so you can watch it
all unfold.

BB