[Freeswitch-users] Confused about conferences

Alan Chandler alan at chandlerfamily.org.uk
Thu Aug 13 00:11:48 PDT 2009

Bradley Brashier wrote:
 >  I wrote:
>  >This is a significant new fact for me.  What you seem to be doing is
>  >calling the commands referenced in the conference api here
>  >
>  >http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Mod_conference#API_Reference
>  >
>  >by using application="conference" and then the data string as the second
>  >part of the command.  Am I correct in the assumption that you can do this.
>
> I agree that that's what it looks like. What I don't know is if it
> works. I got this example from the page
> http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Conferencing_and_Intercom. I never did
> exactly what you're trying, and never tried using the API in this fashion.

I just found this - which I think helps

http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Mod_commands#From_the_Dialplan

An API can be called from the dialplan but it is not recommended. Example:

  <extension name="Make API call from Dialplan">
    <condition field="destination_number" expression="^(999)$">
      <!-- next line calls hupall, so be careful! -->
      <action application="set"
data="api_result=${hupall(normal_clearing)}"/>
    </condition>
  </extension>

Anyway - thanks for you help - I am going away to rethink that
particular interface again.  Its getting so complicated that it might be
better to copy the Javascript approach in the examples.

--
Alan Chandler
http://www.chandlerfamily.org.uk