[Freeswitch-users] Loopback and bypass_media

Phillip Jones pjintheusa at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 13:35:50 PDT 2009

Hi there,

I am attempting to do a simple bridge. Leg A is an inbound DID. Leg B
is terminated through a SIP carrier.

I am unable to use loopback AND bypass_media_after_bridge=true. The
bridge fails.

Here is my three line application:

Session.Answer();

Session.Execute("set", "bypass_media_after_bridge=true");

Session.Execute("bridge", "loopback/6095553828/default");

FreeSWITCH log: http://pastebin.freeswitch.org/9949

I believe the bridge fails as the SIP-REINVITE is issued and fails.

Using loopback and bypass_media_after_bridge=false works fine. As does
using bypass_media_after_bridge=true and sending call directly through
the gateway to which the loopback points.

e.g.  http://pastebin.freeswitch.org/9948

Has anyone else encountered this? Am I missing something?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Phillip Jones