[Freeswitch-users] Ask for name in conferencing?

Brian West brian at freeswitch.org
Thu Apr 30 06:18:18 PDT 2009

Ross,
	I can see no reason to have the conference module do that for you
when there are so many ways to do that externally with javascript, lua
or any other the other languages then you can inject the sound file
into the conference on demand before you drop the participant in.  I
like simplicity due to the fact it has less bugs

/b

On Apr 30, 2009, at 6:46 AM, Ross McKillop wrote:

> As a former user of the app_confcall (http://www.freeswitch.org/node/
> 100) Asterisk module produced by FreeSWITCH I'm in the process of
> moving a number of Asterisk-based services to FreeSWITCH and am trying
> to find the equivalent of the "record name before enter" feature of
> app_confcall.
>
> It seems strange that the FreeSWITCH conference module doesn't include
> this when the one built by the FreeSWITCH developers for Asterisk
> does... I know I could amend conference.js to do it, however there's
> no point in re-inventing the wheel if there's already another way.
>
> Anyone done this with FreeSWITCH, if so, how?
>
> Regards,
> Ross
>
> p.s. if it appears that i've posted this twice please accept my
> apologies - I tried through Nabble and it failed, so i've used a
> proper mail client this time...

Brian West
brian at freeswitch.org

-- Meet us at ClueCon!  http://www.cluecon.com