[Freeswitch-users] Ask for name in conferencing?

Ross McKillop rossmck at mac.com
Thu Apr 30 04:46:52 PDT 2009

As a former user of the app_confcall (http://www.freeswitch.org/node/
100) Asterisk module produced by FreeSWITCH I'm in the process of
moving a number of Asterisk-based services to FreeSWITCH and am trying
to find the equivalent of the "record name before enter" feature of
app_confcall.

It seems strange that the FreeSWITCH conference module doesn't include
this when the one built by the FreeSWITCH developers for Asterisk
does... I know I could amend conference.js to do it, however there's
no point in re-inventing the wheel if there's already another way.

Anyone done this with FreeSWITCH, if so, how?

Regards,
Ross

p.s. if it appears that i've posted this twice please accept my
apologies - I tried through Nabble and it failed, so i've used a
proper mail client this time...