[Freeswitch-users] Ask for name in conferencing?

Ross McKillop rossmck at mac.com
Thu Apr 30 02:46:44 PDT 2009

As a former user of the app_confcall (http://www.freeswitch.org/node/100)
Asterisk module produced by FreeSWITCH I'm in the process of moving a number
of Asterisk-based services to FreeSWITCH and am trying to find the
equivalent of the "record name before enter" feature of app_confcall.

It seems strange that the FreeSWITCH conference module doesn't include this
when the one built by the FreeSWITCH developers for Asterisk does... I know
I could amend conference.js to do it, however there's no point in
re-inventing the wheel if there's already another way.

Anyone done this with FreeSWITCH, if so, how?

Regards,
Ross