[Freeswitch-users] Phrases and speech

Brian West brian at freeswitch.org
Wed Oct 15 19:12:27 PDT 2008

On Oct 15, 2008, at 6:03 PM, Noah Silverman wrote:

> Nice,
>
> Do I have to build and/or install any additional modules?
> It seems as if the demo relies on some macros that in turn rely on
> specific language files.  is there any more detail about working with
> them.

First off I would look at the demo-ivr.xml phrase macros.

> For example, I see sound files in /usr/local/freeswitch/sounds/en/us/
> callie/ascii/8000.   Is this a good location, or do I need to move
> them to somewhere that makes more sense?  (I'm concerned about the
> "8000" part of the path.)

You can have files for all three rates we support 8000, 16000 and
32000..

example:

playback /usr/local/freeswith/sounds/test.wav

What we will do is look for /usr/local/freeswitch/sounds/$
{channel_rate}/test.wav

So if FreeSWITCH can't find a file to match the rate it will fall back
to /usr/local/freeswitch/sounds/test.wav

/b