[Freeswitch-users] Phrases and speech

Noah Silverman noah at allresearch.com
Wed Oct 15 22:13:58 PDT 2008

Brian,

That really helped.  I can now get FS to "say" some basic stuff.

Now I'm trying to play some specific sound files and am seeing an
error about unable to locate a file.  It appears as if FS is not
appending the "en/us" part to the filename it is trying to open.

here are the relevant entries from the logfile:

switch_ivr_play_say.c:115 switch_ivr_phrase_macro() No language
specified - Using [en]
2008-10-15 22:07:04 [DEBUG] switch_ivr_play_say.c:260
switch_ivr_phrase_macro() Handle play-file:[voicemail/vm-youhave.wav]
(en:en)
2008-10-15 22:07:04 [ERR] mod_sndfile.c:175 sndfile_file_open() Error
Opening File [/usr/local/freeswitch/sounds/callie/voicemail/vm-
youhave.wav] [System error : No such file or directory.]

The actual file IS located at /usr/local/freeswitch/sounds/en/us/
callie/voicemail/8000/vm-youhave.wav

Any suggestions?

Thanks!!!

-N

On Oct 15, 2008, at 6:03 PM, Noah Silverman wrote:

> Nice,
>
> Do I have to build and/or install any additional modules?
> It seems as if the demo relies on some macros that in turn rely on
> specific language files.  is there any more detail about working with
> them.

First off I would look at the demo-ivr.xml phrase macros.

> For example, I see sound files in /usr/local/freeswitch/sounds/en/us/
> callie/ascii/8000.   Is this a good location, or do I need to move
> them to somewhere that makes more sense?  (I'm concerned about the
> "8000" part of the path.)

You can have files for all three rates we support 8000, 16000 and
32000..

example:

playback /usr/local/freeswith/sounds/test.wav

What we will do is look for /usr/local/freeswitch/sounds/$
{channel_rate}/test.wav

So if FreeSWITCH can't find a file to match the rate it will fall back
to /usr/local/freeswitch/sounds/test.wav

/b