[Freeswitch-users] Ringback with originate?

Noah Silverman noah at allresearch.com
Fri Oct 10 13:21:16 PDT 2008

Hi,

I'm writing a script to connect one of my SIP phones with an external
number via a web interface.  (Like "click to call".)  Right now, I'm
using xml_rpc and after some help from the guys on IRC, I've got it
working nicely.

When I execute the script, first my local SIP phone rings.  I answer
it and hear silence until the person on the other end of the call
answers their phone.

It would be nice if I could simulate some kind of ringing sound so
that It sounds like I'm hearing the other phone ring like a normally
placed call.

I THOUGHT that the "ringback" variable would do this, but no matter
what I try, I  don't get any sound.

Here is what I'm sending now...
<value><string>{$${us-ring},accountcode=1}sofia/internal/
3235551212%111.111.111.111 &amp;bridge(accountcode=1}sofia/internal/13237773456 at outbound1.vitelity.net
) XML internal 3235551212 3235551212</string></value>

Interestingly, (or not), I can control which phone works by the order
I use in the originate command.  If I set MY phone first and the
outside number in the bridge, then I ring first.  If I set the outside
number first and my phone in the bridge, then they ring first.

Any suggestions?

-Noah